COMP3711H (L1) - Honors Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Instructor: Mordecai Golin firstname.lastname@example.org
Time and Venues:
Tuesday & Thursday 3 - 4:20 PM, via Zoom
Thursday 6 - 6:50PM, via Zoom
Dasgupta, Papadimitriou, and Vazirani. McGraw Hill.
Other Reference Books:
Introduction to Algorithms (3rd ed)
- Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest and Stein. MIT Press
- E-version available from the university library
Programming Pearls (2nd ed)
- Bentley. Addison Wesley
- Kleinberg and Tardos. Addison Wesley
Problems on Algorithms (2nd ed)
- Ian Parberry and William Gasarch (free book)
- Jeff Erikson (free book)
Click "Pages" on the left to see a list of all upper-level Canvas pages for this course.
This includes Course Descriptions/Outcomes/Rubrics.
Many of those pages are also accessible directly via the links at the top of this page.
- There will be 6-7 Assignments distributed during the semester as well as various extra credit problems. See the Assignments Page for links to the individual assignments and extra credits.
- The assignments will, in total, be worth 60% of the final grade. The Final Exam will be worth 40%
Exam Scheduling (Tentative):
|Final||Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020||4:30 - 7:30PM||Online|
Intellectual Honesty & Plagiarism:
- Students are expected to follow the HKUST Academic Honor Code
- All work submitted for grading, e.g., assignments, must be your own
- You are permitted to discuss problems with other students but you must write-up all solutions by yourself, in your own words.
- If you got the main idea for a solution from another student or a web-site you must acknowledge that source in your submission.
- Submission of non-acknowledged material will be considered as plagiarism and dealt with under the university policy for cheating.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.